RPGamers Network Forums  

Go Back   RPGamers Network Forums > Other > General

Old 02-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #1
Jacofalltrades
Adventurer

Jacofalltrades will become famous soon enough
Default Just Curious

Hello, I've been lietening to this station for quite while, and I've been a bit curious about the site as a whole, and its history. Has it always had a radio station? Was that the original focus? As for the actual radio, is it still being developed? Why do you upload new music in huge batches? Is that proccess something that could be streamlined? Couldn't there be a better method then forums for suggesting new music to add?

I know that a list of random questions is kind of awkward for a forum, but I'm just curious if anyone knows the answers to these.
Jacofalltrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:09 PM   #2
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Poise Champion My Cute Pets Champion
Locke Cole has a spectacular aura about

Hello,

Our site has taken many forms over the past 20 years, it was not always a radio! We have focused on the game music side of things for many years though. Our current radio was created in 2013, and is still developed.

The forums are not the only place (or primary place) we accept suggestions. We have an active google document full of suggestions that we use regularly. You can find a link to this document in our chatroom.

As for our batches of music and progression, the site itself is maintained by myself and a few volunteers who offer their free time to the project. Life tends to get in the way sometimes, so progress spikes at times. We choose to review one game at a time, rather then just a few songs a user might suggest, to ensure we are selecting the best choices from each game we add. This does slow down the progress some, but it ensures that many non-requested tracks worthy of our rotation make it in.

With a huge user request backlog, our project will never be complete The google doc is around 40 pages long, and grows daily. If you have more questions, feel free to ask, or drop by the chatroom for a more immediate response.

Tags
curious