RPGamers Network Forums  

Go Back   RPGamers Network Forums > Gaming > Game Music

Old 06-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
Spacemost
Adventurer

Spacemost will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb You know that guy who says you are listening to game music radio? Well we should...

We should replace that guy we the voice of three dog from fallout.
This means it will go more like this: This is three dog, and you are listening to GMR! That's game music radio incase your forgot! Streaming to you live from RPGamers.net.

Or this: This is three dog, coming to you live from game music radio on RPGamers.net.
Or: This is three dog, coming to you loud and proud from game music radio, right here on RPgamers.net.
Or: Hello children this is three dog, everybodies favorite disc jockey! What's a disc? Hell if I know but I am going to keep talking anyway! You are listening the Game music radio on RPGamers.net

After the intro you could optionally add a news segment. for example: And now for some news... E3 has recently released a trailer for a new crackdown! Now folks prepare your wallets, because it looks like some future sci-fi open world city madness with much more complex and fun gameplay presumably taking place in the same city as the first crackdown! This broadcast is brought to you by (Insert game company here)

After that finish with a quick outro such as: And now for some music.

I think this would be freaking badass and get rid of the current annoying announcer.
Spacemost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Poise Champion My Cute Pets Champion
Locke Cole has a spectacular aura about

Hey now, our current announcer tries not to be too annoying, he should only pop up every hour or so :P

I think the biggest trick to customized news and such in the audio clips is we'd need someone to keep recording us recent clips, and voice acting is usually not cheap. As for the one you suggested, does he do custom voice recording? The clips are not computer generated, they are recorded live by a voice actor. Still like the suggestion though!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
Spacemost
Adventurer

Spacemost will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke Cole View Post
Hey now, our current announcer tries not to be too annoying, he should only pop up every hour or so :P

I think the biggest trick to customized news and such in the audio clips is we'd need someone to keep recording us recent clips, and voice acting is usually not cheap. As for the one you suggested, does he do custom voice recording? The clips are not computer generated, they are recorded live by a voice actor. Still like the suggestion though!
Well the guy I mentioned was just a good example. Either you could find someone who can make a voice similar to his or just find someone who could make a good voice for the announcer. You could even do it yourself. It would just be cool if the announcer had more personality. I guess the current one just feels artificial.
Spacemost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:14 AM   #4
LadyHeavenstar
Adventurer

LadyHeavenstar will become famous soon enough

Hi there. I'd be willing to offer my services at no charge if you are interested. What's the angle? None. I just love RPGN that much and would see it as a way of giving back. If the radio admins are interested I have a sample ready. Feel free to reach out and I'll shoot it your way.
LadyHeavenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Poise Champion My Cute Pets Champion
Locke Cole has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHeavenstar View Post
Hi there. I'd be willing to offer my services at no charge if you are interested. What's the angle? None. I just love RPGN that much and would see it as a way of giving back. If the radio admins are interested I have a sample ready. Feel free to reach out and I'll shoot it your way.
Hello, and welcome to the forums LadyHeavenstar. I would love to check out the sample and talk further with you. Feel free to drop me an email (admin -at- rpgamers.net) or come by the chatroom (click chat on the radio page or main menu). I'm known as Mogster or Mr-Grape mainly in the chatroom.