Go Back   RPGamers Network Forums > Gaming > Arcade Lobby

Old 04-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Poise Champion My Cute Pets Champion
Locke Cole has a spectacular aura about
Star New Games: Stop The Bus, Rlax, Sushi Go Round

As I mentioned in the welcome back post, I plan to release a few new arcade games every so often. Here is our first batch of new games I wrote a quick description of each, for the heck of it. Good luck!

Stop The Bus:

Stop the Bus is a fun little card game, where you play against 3 other computer-controlled opponents. I'm not sure if playing on a higher difficulty gives any benefit score-wise, but I definitely recommend starting on easy to get the hang of the game. It has some tutorials that will pop up as you start play, so its easy to learn. Your goal is to get cards that total as close to 31 as possible, but they must be of the same suit. The only variation of this is 3 of a kind, which gives you an automatic 30 points.

Aces = 11, Face cards = 10.

So for instance, having three 7's would give you an automatic 30 score.

Having a 8, 10, and A of one suit would give you a score of 29.

Having a 7 and 10 of one suit, and an A of another suit would score you 17, since the A would not count.

Once you think you have a strong hand, you click the stop sign on your turn to stop the bus. This will give everyone 1 final turn to draw cards, then the scores are tallied. The person with the lowest score loses a bus token. If the lowest score is a tie, no one loses tokens that turn. If you run out of tokens, its game over. Be quick, because anyone can call to stop the bus, giving you only one turn to top up your score.

Try to beat all 3 opponents to win.

Rlax:

The goal of Rlax is to get through the 20 levels of game play by clicking on the shapes which are on the top of the pile. You can check if a shape is hidden under another by hovering over it, the corners of that shape will light up white. Click quickly, as you are on a timer! If you mis-click a shape that isn't free, you lose 1000 points. The maximum you can score per level is 10000.

It seems simple, but the board starts to rotate and difficulty increases the longer you play!

Sushi Go Round:

The goal of Sushi Go Round is to run a sushi shop and provide orders to customers with the ingredients on your counter. You have to manage stock by phoning for more ingredients and tackle proper recipes to get the right food out to the customers in time. Once you select the proper ingredients for a meal, you click the roller to mix it and send it out to the customers. Go fast, as their moods will lower the longer they wait. Once they are done eating, clear their plate. Each level has a set goal, so try to reach that earnings goal. There is a tutorial which can help you learn how to play.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
skactopus
Hunter

Bookworm Champion Letter Block Champion Wordcube Champion Stop The Bus Champion
skactopus will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Stop the Bus for the win!

I have to say, that Stop the Bus is an excellent addition to the arcade.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Poise Champion My Cute Pets Champion
Locke Cole has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by skactopus View Post
I have to say, that Stop the Bus is an excellent addition to the arcade.
I will say it was one of my favourites when I was browsing for new games to add. Its simple but fun to play, some element of skill and some of luck I see you currently hold the high score, congrats. We shall see if you can keep it!
Old 04-22-2015, 07:13 AM   #4
fighter5345
Hunter

Air Defense 3 Champion
fighter5345 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to fighter5345

I played this and it seems quite fun, the largest issue I have with it is my crappy luck of not getting cards over 5.
fighter5345 is offline   Reply With Quote