Go Back   RPGamers Network Forums > Gaming > Game Music

Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Poise Champion My Cute Pets Champion
Locke Cole has a spectacular aura about
Music RPGN Game Music Radio is BACK!

After a long time, I have finally come up with a solid method for us to host a 24/7 game music radio. Our fresh and shiny new system is custom built so we can add and adjust features based on user feedback and recommendations!

We currently have a song database of over 1,650 VGM tunes, and we welcome you to suggest your favourite tracks. Please provide the track names as well as album names. At this time, we are only looking for songs from albums (and maybe direct audio from game rips). Unofficial remixes will be accepted later on. Please make song suggestions in this thread.

If you encounter any technical problems, please report them in this thread. Provide the time and date of the problem, what browser you were using and what happened. The more details you provide, the more likely I can fix it

Go poke around and check it out. Request some tunes, enjoy the music.

Last edited by Locke Cole; 09-03-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Updated information.
Locke Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Talking

Well the forums are very silent right now, as the site is still trying to recover from the major gap in activity. Still, I wanted to post an update on changes we are making to the radio.

Over the past week or two, Kilu has been helping me re-encode most of the songs in our library to a higher quality, still a decent size for streaming, but they sound a lot better. We've managed to convert about half the tunes in the library so far, and hope to have them all upgraded. Our music database is gradually expanding, now almost 1000 songs! Great variety of stuff to be heard.

So far I haven't heard of any technical problems, we did make some changes to the player so it can be properly skinned, and have added about a half a dozen skins to the radio player so far. I also intend to add some sort of chatroom or shoutbox so that listeners can talk to each other while the radio is running.

As always, we welcome your suggestions for new songs to add in. We're looking for good tunes that are nice to listen to, from any of your favourite games.

The radio is starting to get attention, we have a few regular listeners and I hope to expand on it. Feedback is always welcomed.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Parsnip
NIMDA

Parsnip is just really nice

I broke 1000 song mark yesterday. And popped a bottle bubbly to celebrate.

Well no, I didn't really. But yes, 1000+ songs and counting, and about 200 songs or so remain in the upgrade project.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

We have now exceeded the 1,250 mark for songs in the database I try to add some each week. Currently going over my albums looking for ideas to add, got to the letter F so far

Also as mentioned in the front page news, fixed a major IE-related bug that blocked some users from listening to the radio. Hopefully all fixed now. Also updated the FAQs section to address a few questions about songs restarting.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Some minor tweaks in the radio system, but nothing major lately. I've been working on a playlist system but I'm still working on adjusting the way the database works to allow for multiple lists. We're up to about 1,350 songs now and passed the 20k mark for songs streamed, not too bad The radio isn't too busy since I haven't really done any advertising to draw in listeners... I want to be sure everything is working well before I bother with that

As always, we are welcoming suggestions for music to add! I think Kilu is still working on selecting tunes from his huge NES collection, we'll have to wait and see how that goes..
Old 10-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

1,800+ songs in the database now, and over 100k songs streamed. Hooray! We have a page that now lists newest song additions so you can see what we've been adding lately:

http://www.rpgamers.net/radio/faq_newsongs.php
Old 06-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
Lawlicon
Adventurer

Lawlicon will become famous soon enough
Default Music Stream

Can we stream the music if we was to stream online gameplay? Just wondering if it would be alright / legit.
Lawlicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #8
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlicon View Post
Can we stream the music if we was to stream online gameplay? Just wondering if it would be alright / legit.
Responded to this awhile ago via PM but thought I should post a response here as well. Of course, we welcome you to play our radio stream while livestreaming. We encourage you to also share our radio link with your viewers! This allows them to interact with your stream and choose music to hear via our request system. Gives us exposure, and provides your viewers with another means to interact with the live stream.

Tags
game, mp3, music, radio, songs, stream