RPGamers Network Forums  

Go Back   RPGamers Network Forums > Other > General

Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Blade Tanaka
Hunter

Blade Tanaka has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Blade Tanaka
Question Box Is there life after video Games???

As you can probably trll this thread is mostly for talking about life outside if video games. (I know you all secretly have a social life) i figured it'd be nice to know what's new with people, especially with the revival of the forum, and also because I've been inactive for years. (in part because of my absence)

after not showing up here for sometime I also served a two year voluntary mission for the church I attend, like my brothers Ephraim, Kyari, and Doregard, but in Mexico I spent two years in the states of Guanajuato, and San Luis Potosi, and of coarse learned Spanish.

In the last area I served I met my know wife, whixh is a story within itself. (kinda like a scene from a pretty awesome romance movie, but in real life) we were Married in Halifax on December the 28th of last year, and are already waiting for our first child!!!

Right now, I'm upgrading my high school credits so I can take nursing at UPEI, and I'll see how things go from there.

Well, that's pretty much it for me, what about you guys? What's new since I've been gone?
Old 03-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Marona
Hunter

Marona has a spectacular aura about

Well been volunteering for the kids at church on Wednesday nights. Help managing a TF2 clan. Probation ending in late April, getting into college...pretty much it.

Marona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
Blade Tanaka
Hunter

College for me is pretty boring. I'm basicly taking high school courses self paced... But here at the colledge. I don't know anyone so basicly I sit around all day and do work. The only people I talk to on a regular basis are my profs. TF2 sounds pretty wicked... been a while since I played. And happy almost probation over this month!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Poise Champion My Cute Pets Champion
Locke Cole has a spectacular aura about

I wish I could say I've been busy working on family/school/job/etc but really, life is kind of crappy right now. Dealing with some medical stuff, still unemployed, pretty un-eventful life to go on about! But, I'm still good at lurking atleast. mwhaha!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Nall
Hunter

Adventures of Alex Champion Asteroids Champion Derailed Champion Kitten Cannon Champion Moon Lander Champion
Qwerty Medium Champion Ragdoll Laser Dodge Champion Space Invaders Champion Triangles Champion
Nall will become famous soon enough

Driving truck(for now). Besides it being a decent income it isn't much of a life, and I ended up using the Internet A LOT more than I used to. :P
Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
Blade Tanaka
Hunter

Yeah, I know that feeling Locke, I've applied for like over 10 jobs in the past few months but haven't gotten a single call back. The only reason I have a part time job right now is because I've been with one company for like 5 years now... (They don't want to let me go either -.-) I've never done truck driving but yeah, I hear it can be a little boring at times-ish. And not very social either. kudos for extra internet time!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Cyrano de Hero
Adventurer

Cyrano de Hero has a spectacular aura about

Heh, video games have all but disappeared for me in my life. I've been busy with moving into a new place to live and looking around for a new car. Even when I have free time to play video games, they just don't hold my interest anymore. I've had Skyrim for my X-Box 360 for nearly a month now and I've barely logged in more than an hour of play. Funny how your attitude can change over a few short years about video games, especially considering how important they were to me growing up.

Ah well, I don't really miss them that much. There's so much more to life than video games.

Cyrano de Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
bjp4444
The Walking Paradox
Hunter

Boom Box Champion Finders Keepers Champion Hexxagon Champion Looser Champion Lucky Coins Champion
Mahjongg Solitaire Champion Mr Bump Pinball Champion Power Arrow Champion Slingo Crazy 7s Champion Slingo Deluxe Champion
Tower Defense 2007 Champion The Ace of Spades 2 Champion
bjp4444 has a spectacular aura about

I'm currently finishing up FF XIII-2, but I don't play as much as I used to. Two jobs and a girlfriend will do that to you. Ha.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #9
Locke Cole
The Ultimate Lurker
Bard

Poise Champion My Cute Pets Champion
Locke Cole has a spectacular aura about

Glad to see some faces returning I can agree with the fact that video games have been sort-of fading from life as time goes on, I certainly can't sit in front of a console all day anymore. In fact, I do almost no console gaming anymore, just PC stuff. I can't say my life is overly busy right now, main focus is on health-related stuff. Just got a new doctor today and have lots to deal with in the upcoming months, but i'll manage. I do still play a few games, so its not all lost on me yet. I also still enjoy the music from the games I use to love, so the VGM side of me is still intact!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
Nall
Hunter

Adventures of Alex Champion Asteroids Champion Derailed Champion Kitten Cannon Champion Moon Lander Champion
Qwerty Medium Champion Ragdoll Laser Dodge Champion Space Invaders Champion Triangles Champion
Nall will become famous soon enough

Gaming has also been fading from my life. Part of it probably because of my job. But, I still definitely have a love for video game music.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
Blade Tanaka
Hunter

Yeah, I had a pretty game filled Easter weekend, but I must admit I do game less often than before. I can only imagine how things are going to be after my kid's born... Haha, good bye forums as well for a while I presume. But hey, that's not for like another 7 months or so. Looking forward to my wife getting a Canadian health card so we can meet the lil' guy... Hoping for some new games for my birthday next month too. Also welcome back Cynaro & bjp!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #12
Giea

Very Special User
Adventurer

Tournaments Won: 1

Giea will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Giea Send a message via Yahoo to Giea

I currently collect tiny hats, I find tiny hats and then I put them on tiny animals, like ferrets or lizards or even fishes (it gets kind of difficult underwater.) I then take pictures of these animals in their tiny hats and then I proceed to make a collage of them, and then send them to whoever I have in my e-mail address book.

Was that the right answer to the question?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
Blade Tanaka
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giea View Post
Was that the right answer to the question?
Ammm... If that's what you're seriously doing with your life right now then yes... Yes it is. If not try looking at the first post and maybe you'll get an idea as to what the question was. In the mean time, that sounds awesome!

Last edited by Blade Tanaka; 04-19-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Forgot quote...
Blade Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote